Monday, December 17, 2012

Homemade Holidays


This year I've been dedicated to making the holiday decor for our home. Rather than buying new things, I have taken a more homemade approach.


 I found two holiday cards that I had kept from last year. I loved them so much I wanted to make them more permanent and useable from year to year.


I used a hole punch around the edge of each card, and crocheted a frame and hanging chain. I love the final product.


Pattern for the larger frame: in the first hole 1sc, 1hdc, 2dc, 1hdc, 1sc, ch1. Repeat in each hole. For corners, 1sc, 1hdc, 1dc, ch1, 1dc, 1hdc, 1sc, ch1. 
 


When you have gone all the way around, slip stitch to join at the end.



Slip stitch into back of top corners and chain however many until you reach desired length. Sl st to fasten off.

 



 
Pattern for the smaller frame: in each hole, 1sc, 1dc, 1sc, ch 4, repeat in each hole.


For corners, 1sc, 1dc, 1sc, ch 1, 1sc, 1dc, 1sc, ch 1.


For chain: Slip stitch back into desired location and chain however many stitches until you reach the desired length.



Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment